Hollister Adapt® Paste 2 oz
Caulk and fill skin crevices with this low-alcohol paste. Low alcohol minimizes stinging. Soft easy-to-squeeze tube for people with limited dexterity. Easy-to-see red cap.
- The paste tube can be emptied down to the last drop.
- The low-alcohol paste helps to minimize stinging.
- Used to caulk and fill skin crevices to improve the fit of a skin barrier.
- Hollister Adapt Ostomy Skin Barrier Paste is used to fill or caulk uneven skin contours to create a flatter surface. It helps to prevent drainage from getting under the ostomy skin barrier. It may help extend the wear time of the skin barrier. This latex-free paste contains alcohol.
5 Reasons to Buy Hollister Adapt Paste
- Easy-to-squeeze tube
- Easy to Apply
- Two convenient tube sizes
- Contains alcohol
- Latex Free
Why choose Adapt Skin Barrier Paste for Ostomy?
- Prevents liquid drainage from getting between skin and skin barrier
- Protects skin and often extends the life of the skin barrier
- Used to caulk and fill skin crevices to improve the fit of a skin barrier
- The paste is not an adhesive and too much paste may actually interfere with a good seal
- Adapt Paste will not harm the stoma
- Provides Improved Skin Barrier Fit Use to prevent ostomy drainage from getting under the pouch seal
- Paste performs better if it is allowed to sit for a short time before it is applied to the skin
- Serves as a caulk, not a glue or adhesive
- The low-alcohol paste helps to minimize stinging
- Easy-to-squeeze soft tube that can be emptied completely, down to the last drop
- The red cap is easily seen when it is removed from the tube
What to Buy with Adapt Ostomy Skin Barrier Paste?
- Hollister M9 Ostomy Odor Eliminator Spray
- Hollister Adapt Medical Adhesive Remover Spray
- Hollister Adapt Stoma Powder
How to Apply Skin Barrier Adapt Paste?
- Wash and dry skin thoroughly
- Apply a small bead of Adapt Paste at the inner edge of the skin barrier, next to the opening where the stoma will be
- Let it sit while user remove the used pouch and clean and dry the skin
- Apply additional Adapt Paste to uneven areas near the stoma if needed
- Apply ostomy pouch as usual
How to Remove Adapt Skin Barrier Paste?
- The paste will come off when the user removes the pouch
- If the user is changing the pouch after a very short time (less than a day) the user may see paste residue that should be gently lifted from the skin
- If a small amount of paste residue still adheres to the user’s skin but it appears clean, the user can apply the new pouch over it
Eakin Seals to help protect your skin. ConvaTec EAKIN COHESIVE SEALS REF # 839002 Say no to leaks and sore red skin. Eakin Cohesive® seals prevent and protect against leaks better than any other seal by absorbing more. This superior protection prevents and helps to heal sore skin around your stoma.