Hollister Adapt® Stoma Powder 1 oz
Hollister Adapt® Stoma Powder protects raw and weeping skin by creating a sticky gel. It is used sparingly to absorb moisture or exudate from skin prior to placing a skin barrier on peristomal skin. It is convenient to use as squeeze bottle allows aeration of powder onto skin and the bottle has window for visualizing contents.
- Protects raw and weeping skin by creating a sticky gel.
- Use sparingly to absorb moisture or exudate from skin prior to placing a skin barrier on peristomal skin.
- Convenient to use; squeeze bottle allows aeration of powder onto skin; bottle has window for visualizing contents.
- Hollister Adapt Stoma Powder is used to absorb moisture from broken skin around the stoma, which allows for better barrier adhesion to help protect the skin. Broken or irritated skin should be evaluated by a healthcare professional.
Adapt Stoma Powder – Hollister Features
- This ostomy powder comes with a convenient puff bottle
- Viewing window on side of the bottle
- Available in non-sterile style
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Recommended for home use
- Protects against raw and irritated skin
- Allows for better Adhesion
- Recommended for post-operative use
- For external use only
What to buy with Hollister Adapt Stoma Powder?
- Hollister Adapt Lubricating Deodorant
- Hollister Adapt Ostomy Barrier Rings
- Hollister Adapt Medical Adhesive Spray
- Hollister Adapt Medical Adhesive Remover Spray
How to use Adapt Stoma Powder – Hollister 7906?
- First, wash and dry your skin
- Apply a small amount of adapt stoma powder to the irritated skin
- Gently brush away any excess powder then apply your pouching system as usual
- Stop using powder when your skin is no longer broken and moist to the touch
- It is not designed to prevent skin irritation
- Broken or irritated skin should be evaluated by a healthcare professional
- If your skin not improves or gets worse, stop using the powder and contact a healthcare professional
- You may use a skin protective wipe over the stoma powder
Adapt Stoma Powder FAQs
Q. Should I use a barrier film prep or gel to seal the powder before applying my pouch?
A. Skin barrier wipes such as Skin Protective Wipes are optional. Some may contain alcohol, which will cause a stinging sensation when applied to raw skin areas. Skin barrier wipes are not necessary to use over Adapt stoma powder, but your nurse may recommend them.
Q. Is there medication in Adapt stoma powder?
A. No, it simply absorbs excess moisture, allowing your skin barrier to stay in place on your skin. The skin usually heals when protected from stoma discharge.
Q. Can I use other powder such as talcum?
A. No, the use of cosmetic type powders will usually interfere with the seal of your skin barrier, causing leakage and further irritation.
Q. When should I stop using Adapt stoma powder?
A. Stop using the powder when the skin has healed and is no longer moist to the touch. Adapt stoma powder is not designed to be used for the prevention of skin irritation. Stop using the powder and contact your healthcare provider if your skin has not improved or is getting worse.