The Lumin Multi-Purpose UV Sanitizer is the easiest and fastest way to disinfect household items, CPAP masks and accessories as well as decontaminate N95 and general use face masks without water, chemicals or harmful ozone. The Lumin’s hospital-strength germicidal UV-C light source completes a disinfection cycle in just 5 minutes with a 99.9% kill rate of most bacteria and viruses, .
UV-C light is considered to be the safest disinfection option on the market, as Ozone used in other systems has been shown by the EPA to cause irritation of the lungs and respiratory system at relatively low amounts. The Lumin Multi-Purpose UV Sanitizer is the ideal maintenance-free accessory for anyone concerned about health and hygiene.
- Originally developed out of the need for a product that would not damage the CPAP device itself during disinfection and had zero risk of exposing a respiratory patient to a lung irritant. (no harmful Ozone)
- Quick five-minute disinfection cycle time.
- Hospital-grade germicidal UV light kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria, viruses, mold and fungus including.
- Safe and easy to use; simple one-button operation.
- Comes complete with Lumin UV Sanitizer Device, user manual and sample CPAP mask wipes.
- Can also be used as a general-purpose disinfecting system for N95 and general use face masks, hearing aids, dentures, pacifiers and even toothbrushes, anything that can be placed in the drawer of the system
- 24 month warranty
- Lumin is lab tested to kill over 99.9% on an N95 respirator.
- Product Dimensions: 12.25″L x 7.75″W x 8.5″H
- Inner Drawer Dimensions: 9.25″L x 6.25″W x 3.75″D
- Product Weight: 5.5 lbs (7 lbs in packaging)
- Electrical Requirements: 110V/220V (50 – 60Hz)
- Power Rating: 13 W
- Operating Temperature: 20° – 100°
- Operating Relative Humidity: 0 – 93%, non-condensing
- Storage & Transport Temp: 0° – 120°F
Why not ozone?
Ozone risks damaging seals, gaskets, and corroding the electronics of the device. California’s Air Resources Board has passed strict standards for ozone use in the home which caution that exposure may both induce and worsen asthma symptoms, worsen lung disease, cause coughing, chest tightness and shortness of breath. Pulmonary physicians have also voiced concern about residual ozone being inhaled by patients.
How does ultraviolet light work as a disinfectant?
UV light encompasses light with wavelengths shorter than visible to the human eye but longer than X-ray radiation. At UV-C wavelengths, the DNA of biological microorganisms is damaged to the point where it can’t repair itself, resulting in cell death. A white paper study of the Lumin found that it has a 99.9% kill rate for harmful bacteria, viruses, mold and fungus.
What items can the Lumin disinfect?
The Lumin disinfects CPAP masks and humidifier chambers. Additionally, the Lumin will disinfect personal items such as nebulizers, toothbrushes, oral appliances, hearing aids, toys, pacifiers, etc.
UV-C is known to degrade plastics. Since many CPAP components are made of plastics, how is using the Lumin okay?
The UV-C cycle time is 5 minutes. While it is true that UV-C degrades some polymers over time, the short duration of UV-C exposure ensures there is no degradation within the life of the mask or accessory. Generally degradation starts to occur after 200 hours of exposure. By comparison, one year of daily use with the Lumin is equivalent to 30 hours of UV-C exposure.
What safeguards are in place to ensure users aren’t exposed to UV-C?
The Lumin was engineered with a magnetic switch that only operates when the chamber drawer is fully closed. Opening the drawer will automatically power off the device.
I brought a few things from this company and I am very happy. This device works good and even cleans my cell phone. Fast shipping.